Internship Opportunity for Nutrition Student in Jacksonville Area
Alexia Lewis, RD, LD/N is accepting applications for a part-time intern. The intern will work approximately 5-15 hours/week on a schedule to be determined in conjunction with RD. Work goals, guidelines, and feedback will be given in a weekly face-to-face meeting and intern will work independently to meet the goals. Position is unpaid and requires the ability to manage time to meet set work goals by deadline.
Intern must be a dietetic intern (in a formal, ISPP, or distance program) or must be a senior/junior in or have graduated from an accredited nutrition program. Internship is for the summer; but there is potential for the internship to continue (especially if intern is in a DI program).
Intern will learn about starting up a small nutrition business focused on nutrition and wellness writing/speaking as well as building a premium nutrition coaching/counseling clientele. For more information on the nutrition business, visit www.AlexiaLewisRD.com.
A typical week may involve:
• compiling information for upcoming workshops or groups
• designing hand-outs or flyers for workshops or marketing
• doing research and writing drafts of blog posts
• scheduling social media posts
• scouting grocery stores for prices and availability of ingredients
• shopping for cooking demonstrations
• gathering information and scouting locations for workshops
• compiling recipes that are nutritionally appropriate for target audiences
• participating in creative processes for various projects
• assisting with preparation, event set-up and break-down, and there is potential to co-present
Initial application deadline is Thursday, May 22. Internship anticipated to begin the last week in May or first week in June.
Please email AlexiaLewisRD@gmail.com a cover letter, resume, your unofficial transcript, an example of a nutrition hand-out or consumer-friendly resource you have designed independently, and a short (max 400 word) blog post on a nutrition topic of your choice. If competitive for the internship, you will be asked to provide names and contact information for two references.