Alexia is a food and nutrition expert with a goal of “heart healthy nutrition made easy.” She has experience speaking to small and large groups in a variety of settings. She is a published food, nutrition, and wellness writer.
Take a look at what previous clients have said about Alexia’s presentations.
Speaking: Workshops & Presentations
Alexia has delivered workshops that range from interactive, hands-on formats to lecture-style presentations. Her audiences have been as young as 7th grade and as seasoned as seniors. She has spoken to church groups, local businesses, sororities, college athletes, cardiac rehabilitation programs, and professional organizations among others.
Past topics include:
- A.S.P.I.R.E. to Plan Healthy Meals
- Heart-Healthy Eating Strategies
- What’s In My Food? Deciphering Food Labels and Ingredients Lists
- Cooking Tips and Recipe Revisions
- Cooking Demonstration: Beans, Beans, They’re Good for your Heart
Other heart-healthy food and nutrition topics can be presented upon request.
Speaking: Media and Professional Events
Alexia is media trained through Communications 21 and is available for broadcast interviews on the topics of food, nutrition, and health/wellness in the Jacksonville and surrounding area. She is an effective and personable speaker. Past events have included:
- Starting Your Business: Panel speaker for Using Social Media and Marketing to Promote your Business
- Personal Experience with Heart Disease: Panel speaker for Pink Goes Red for a Day: Sisters with a Heart-to-Heart Connection
- Let’s Talk Nutrition: What Can Fitness Trainers Tell Their Clients If They Aren’t Dietitians? Requested by UNF Student Wellness Center fitness trainers
- Eat for the Planet: Eating Sustainably and Busting Myths about Vegetarianism: Panel speaker for National Nutrition Month/Garbage on the Green event at UNF
- Choose My Plate and Fast Food Choices: Guest speaker for summer camp for inner city 7th-8th graders
- Why Reinvent the Wheel? Policies that Address Food Issues: Guest speaker for Healthy Kids, Healthy Communities Steering Committee meeting
Past Published Writing includes
- Lactose Intolerance, Basics & Beyond, February 2014
- Celiac Disease, Basics & Beyond
- The Goods: Myths and Facts about Acai Berries
- The Goods: Myths and Facts about Pluots
- Genetics: An Old Excuse on its Way Out
- Pumpkin Love
- See additional writing examples on the Publications page
Email AlexiaLewisRD@gmail.com to discuss your needs and pricing if you are interested in bringing Alexia to your organization or event or requesting an article, blog, or other writing service. Cost to be determined after discussion of client’s needs.